[Novalug] Anyone else for whom Arlington County Public Schools website DOESN'T work in linux? was: Arlington County Public Schools website: Windows only? (2nd attempt)

Tom Rhodes trhodes@FreeBSD.org
Tue Feb 5 07:04:43 EST 2008

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 06:49:37 -0500
"Craig Pennington" <cpenning@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Tom,
>
> I'm almost positive it has to do with my router at this point. My last
> check will be to lug the old iBook down to the local free wifi hotspot
> & try from there. I expect that to work. And I can try to drop in a
> different router as a check (but I'm using FIOS TV which has a coax
> connection into the MI424WR, so that can't be a permanent solution.) I
> wonder if I can proxy the web connection through the vmware XP
> instance? Darn this is frustrating.
>
> Cheers,
>   Craig P

I'm not on FIOS.  So this may not be possible.  But I'd try to
bypass the router and do a direct connection and/or try just
resetting the router.  Those would be my first steps in debugging
the issue.  Good luck,

[Context lost due to top posting, original messages below]

> On Feb 5, 2008 6:37 AM, Tom Rhodes <trhodes@freebsd.org> wrote:
> > On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 05:45:06 -0500
> > "Craig Pennington" <cpenning@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks. My problem is obviously more than just OS related (why is it a
> > > site my wife cares about? I could live with vmware/XP work around.) Is
> > > there anyone else for whom <http://www.apsva.us/aps/site/default.asp>
> > > hangs in linux (or OSX?) If so, I'd like to compare notes:
> >
> > Just adding to the trail.  Works fine here, firefox on FreeBSD
> > 8.0 CURRENT (development version).
> >
> > --
> > Tom Rhodes

> --
> Corollary to Clarke's Third Law:
>     Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently
>     advanced.

Tom Rhodes