[Novalug] Motherboard Choices - slight side trail

Greg Faust gregfaust@gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 08:58:53 EST 2008

I'm not sure how much storage capacity you need, but the IO operations per
second are off the chart on these disks:

http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/11/21/mtron_ssd_32_gb/

The difference in price between DDR2 667 and DDR2 800 is so small I would
just get the faster stuff.

The clock speed of the chip is determined by the FSB multiplied by a fixed
multiplier that's built into the chip.  Reading about overclocking is a good
way to learn more about FSB, multipliers, memory timings, etc.

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=9808&page=1