[Novalug] Recommendation: USB Large harddrives 400G(and up) What is a good filesystem to use?

DonJr djr1952@hotpop.com
Sun Feb 3 03:15:29 EST 2008

On Sun, 2008-02-03 at 02:33 -0500, maxpublic08@maxwellspangler.com
wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Feb 2008, DonJr wrote:
>
> > I just got a USB connected hard drive, says "500G" on the box. (but)
> > Plugged it in and Gnome(i guess) mounted it at "/media/My Data".
>
> > What would be a good format to use for the filesystem on it?
>
> I've got four external drives of various sizes from 120 to 300 connected to my
> laptop.  I'm using ext3 based on the maturity of the filesystem and the
> familiarity of the tools..

So these external hard drive(s) {USB, Firewire or eSATA} with a "real"
disk drive in them can in general be treated just the same as an
internal drive?

This one is called a "My Book" by Western Digital

--
 DonJr.