[Novalug] difference between browsers

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi@gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 20:36:24 EST 2008

On Wed, 2008-12-31 at 20:18 -0500, Barnett Hsu wrote:
> Mackenzie Morgan wrote:
> > Nino replied, maybe just to me not to the list, that the page had
> > changed and was now showing with a white background.  I'm guessing that
> > their pqe.css has changed in the last few days.
>
> I just looked at http://www.pqeconference.com/ in Firefox
> and the HTML source no longer seems to have the link tag
> to load the external style sheet.
>
> I tried http://www.pqeconference.com/pqe.css followed by
> View | Page Source and didn't see the style tag or the
> HTML comments that were previously reported.
>
> > And yeah, I saw different pages too.  It was very baren, no <table>
> > anywhere in it, then I clicked on the link to index.html, which should
> > mean the same page (the URL in the Address Bar didn't change either),
> > and the content changed. Some strange server setting maybe.
>
> Which link to index.html?  I don't see any links to the
> same page in the current version of the page.  There are
> links "PQE-2009" and "The 39th Winter Colloquium on the
> Physics of Quantum Electronics (PQE-2009)"  but those
> links go to a index.html in a subdirectory.
> http://www.pqeconference.com/pqe2009/index.html
>
> All of the year links (2010, 2008, 2007, etc.) are also
> links to a index.html in a subdirectory.

Ah, you're right.  I was looking at the 2009 one.  The bit of HTML that
Nino pasted had the table with "Upcoming Deadlines:" which isn't on the
main page, only on the year pages.  That page does still link to the
pqe.css, but you're right, the comments and style tags have been
removed.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo