[Novalug] Archiving email

Rich Goodwin rich.goodwin@cox.net
Tue Dec 30 16:36:19 EST 2008

Ok - 'tis the end of the year.   One of the many things we can/should do
is clean up our old mail box(es).

What do you do to archive your email?

I use Evolution and have multiple identities (email accounts) that get
pulled in.  I have a number of folders and subfolders that message
filters put certain mail in.  This is all normal stuff.

Since I have mail "categorized" - I'd like to be able to archive things.
I do like to go back into some folders later to retrieve emails.  I had
one folder that contained mail from 9 years ago and pulled an email out
of it!  (yeah - anal I know put it was totally worth the reaction to
provide proof!)

I know I can move my .evolution folder and copy things to CD.  But that
is a tad cumbersome.  I was wondering if anyone is populating a MySQL DB
to retrieve things?  Or is there a tool that would help manage this?  I
don't mind working at a command line.

Of course I may be the only anal person who keeps their emails for
forever ... NOT!!  ;-)  So how do you deal with this??

Rich
--

Remember, all Windows machines are, by definition, fault tolerant.

              They run Windows don't they!!