[Novalug] Inventing new languages

Clif Flynt clif@cflynt.com
Fri Dec 26 12:49:28 EST 2008

On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 11:15:33AM -0500, Charles M Howe wrote:
> I would give my eye teeth, or maybe my first born, to be fluent in
> Pascal, including the graphical part. Is that part of the standard
> distribution or is that wxpython only?

  I've not done any Pascal in 20 years, but I think you might be
merging Pascal and Python.

  Pascal had no real I/O, and no concept of graphics at all. Maybe
there's been some libraries (like a pascal->libx11 link) created since
I worked with it, but I'm not familiar with them.

  Python is a modern scripting/dynamic language.  It supports several
graphics tools including Tk, gTk and Wx.

  I can't help you with Python or Pascal, but if you want to learn
Tcl (and the Tk graphics), you can get TclTutor from:
http://www.msen.com/~clif

  And you might enjoy
http://www.cwflynt.com/TclForTeens

  Clif

--
... Clif Flynt ... http://www.cwflynt.com ... clif@cflynt.com ...
.. Tcl/Tk: A Developer's Guide (2nd edition) - Morgan Kauffman ..