[Novalug] is there any parental control software available for Linux systems?

Beartooth beartooth@Beartooth.Info
Fri Dec 26 10:39:55 EST 2008

On Thu, 25 Dec 2008, William Warren wrote:

> Bonnie Dalzell wrote:
>> I know the idea of parental control software may rub some of you the
>> wrong way but:
>>
>> Is there Linux parental control software available?
>>
>> I have a friend with 2 teenagers. She also of course has a windows
>> system with FIOS hookup.
>>
>> She is getting tired of all the malware the kids are enabling on the
>> system when they go to various teen attractive websites. Trying to
>> educate them not to click on things that pop up and install them
>> without question does not seem to be working.

 	Probably OT : would hardware help?

http://www.brookstone.com/store/product.asp?product_code=video_game_tv_timers&search_type=search&search_words=c600346&prodtemp=t1
has one gadget; others probable exist ...

--
Beartooth of Bear's End, Squirreler, Historian of Tongues
What do they know of country, who only country know?