[Novalug] (no subject)

Roger W. Broseus rogerb@bronord.com
Thu Dec 25 19:12:40 EST 2008

I switched to gnome (default) when I went from SuSE to Ubuntu.

I found that I missed things like Konqueror and k3B. So, I just
installed them under Ubuntu and things work find. I think I might have
had to apt-get install to get a full-blown Konqueror. Maybe even
installed kde-base packages. Once I had to install Dolphin to make
Konqueror's file manager work.

Now here is the interesting part: when trying-out kphotoalbum, I had to
have Konqueror to make drag-and-drop work; could not drag-and-drop from
Nautilus.

Bottom line: stick with gnome and add-on those KDE apps desired. Saves
a lot of the clutter one gets on KDE menus, etc.

Roger W. Broseus - Linux User
    Email: RogerB@bronord.com
    Web Site: www.bronord.com

P.S. I liked the new religion, Pryzbyterian. Happy Holidays.