[Novalug] OT: coffee on PBS

Bonnie Dalzell bdalzell@qis.net
Fri Dec 12 09:14:02 EST 2008

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008, Dennis Durham wrote:

DD >Coffee + Vodka = Khalua. :-)
DD >

Actually this is a recipe for home made Kahlua

Vodka or drinkable grain alcohol
Karo syrup
Decafe instant coffee

Basically for each oz of vodka you need 3+ teaspoons of the decafe
coffee ans sweeten to taste with the karo syrup. You have to dissolve the
instant decafe in just enough water to dissolve it.

When I was in college a friend of mine made this with regular instant
coffee and we made the mistake of celebrating some holiday with white
russians - enough white russians to make you tipsy made with regular
instant coffee home made Kahlua also gives you such an intense caffine
dose that you are pretty drunk but very very wide awake. So remember to
use decafe instant coffee!