[Novalug] OT: Recession coffee

Beartooth beartooth@Beartooth.Info
Sun Dec 7 12:00:25 EST 2008

On Sat, 6 Dec 2008, Theodore Ruegsegger wrote:

> My brother-in-law is a coffee trader and says the general
> impression in the coffee industry is that Starbucks is in the
> milk business. They do purchase high-quality beans but with all
> those flavored syrups and all that milk it doesn't matter that
> much.
>
> Availing myself of his guidance I got one of those espresso
> machines that grind the beans fresh for each cup; now I hate
> having to live without it.

 	Can't remember if I've mentioned it here; if so, my
apologies!

 	Hot your thermos(es), just as you would a teapot.

 	Set a teakettle full of fresh cold tap water to boil just
before you start making coffee. When it boils, immediately pour
enough of it to fill your thermos(es) into them, recap, and let
stand five minutes. You can probably drink a cup in that time.

 	Then pour out the water, and fill at once with fresh hot
coffee.

 	Main effect : good fresh coffee, hot enough to drink, all
day.

 	Side effect : with a quart or two of boiling water going
down the drain every morning, you'll start seeing a lot fewer
spiders in the house.

--
Beartooth of Bear's End, Squirreler, Historian of Tongues
What do they know of country, who only country know?