[Novalug] Kubuntu and KDE-freakin-4

Richard Ertel richard.ertel@gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 22:13:21 EST 2008

I wanted SO BADLY to use KDE4 on Ubuntu 8.10, but I made the mistake of
actually trying to do so. Beyond the fact that nvidia drivers just don't
work in 8.10, KDE4doesn't seem to like my 3 monitors. With the nvidia
problem, I couldn't even use Gnome Ubuntu 8.10. Reinstall back to 8.04.1 is
where I'm at right now.

Is it just me, or did 7.10 feel like the last great Ubuntu version? Even
8.04 "feels" sad and sluggish to me...