[Novalug] Kubuntu and KDE-freakin-4

Ken Kauffman kkauffman@headfog.com
Fri Dec 5 19:51:07 EST 2008

So I did the 8.04 to 8.10 upgrade on Kubuntu.  Holy hell what a mess.
The effects aren't as performance light as expected.  Also, I later
found out that KDE4 has a broken implementation of bluetooth tools.
Better yet, the recommended advice on the Kubuntu site is to use the
gnome tools as a work around.    I tried that method and it sorta
worked right for the mouse.

I blew away ~/.kde*  and logged in to make sure there was not residual
evil (isn't that a movie? nyuk nyuk) left over from the KDE3 install.
In the end ... Kubuntu 8.04 LTS is back on the laptop and working the
way Linux should.