[Novalug] disposing of CD's - emotional support needed

Bonnie Dalzell bdalzell@qis.net
Wed Dec 3 20:42:15 EST 2008

On Wed, 3 Dec 2008, Dan Arico wrote:

DA >On Wednesday 03 December 2008 08:33:47 pm Bonnie Dalzell wrote:
DA >> I am cleaning up stuff (re post about Pentium II). I have a whole lot of
DA >> CD's for OLD Linux installs. Factory made Mandrakes, factory made
DA >> Redhats, etc. (I went through a number of Lineces before Ubuntu).
DA >>
DA >> It is really hard to just throw these things away.
DA >>
DA >> Anyone have a use for them?
DA >>
DA >> Any help will be appreciated.
DA >>
DA >> I guess I can hang them on one of the outdoor spruce or cedar trees for as
DA >> Solstice Decor - they are pretty colors.
DA >>
DA >> I did throw out around 30 bad floppies today so I am making some
DA >> progress.
DA >
DA >Any punched cards or paper tape?

Actually yes. I have paper tape as a souvenir from my days at the MIT Logo
Lab and we just brought down several boxes of punched cards when we clean
out my husband's mother's house before selling it. :-)

DA >
DA >Dan
DA >
DA >--
DA >One OS to rule them all, One OS to find them,
DA >One OS to bring them all, and in the Darkness bind them,
DA >In the land of Redmond, where the Sales Reps lie.
DA >Novalug mailing list
DA >Novalug@calypso.tux.org