[Novalug] kde 4.1

James Ewing Cottrell 3rd JECottrell3@Comcast.NET
Tue Dec 2 23:25:33 EST 2008

Well, if you call dselect a GUI :)

I always download the Alternate installation and do a minimal install,
then dselect what I want. Do a search for kde (/kde) or a search for
task- or a search for ubuntu-, as there is a meta-package to install kde
for you.

RE: Redhat making a "combination" of KDE and Gnome...I believe that back
in the days of RedHat 9 (shrike), theymade noises about 'Blue Curve' or
something like that.

But then their focus changed...Enterprise Computing, and they were the
Downstream Vendor...and really, KDE/Gnome is a Thankless Task at Best
and an Impossible One at Worst...so I think that "combination" was short
lived and probably even back then mostly VaporSpeak.

JIM