[Novalug] OT TV Converver Box Coupon Program

Ed James edjames@greenbelt.com
Mon Dec 1 07:45:07 EST 2008

Way off topic, but we's da best set of geeks I know of so...

We applied for and got a pair of coupons good for 40 bucks off the
soon-to-be required converters so our old analog TV's can get DTV.
We tried to redeem them at Radio Shack in Greenbelt, but the guy
there refused to honor them because his machine said our phone
number was invalid.  The phone number was and still is valid - his
machine was wrong, but he still refused to honor the cards.  Since
that was the last day which the cards were valid, we never did use
them.

My question is, has anyone else here had a problem with Radio Shack
not allowing a purchase unless their machine can validate your
phone number?

adTHANKSvance
Ed James