[Novalug] Stupid cackling speakers - slightly OT

Ed T. Toton III bones@necrobones.net
Fri Apr 25 09:47:02 EDT 2008

Thus spake Nick Danger:

> Yes cell service, and 'go nuts' I mean static cackles like you've turned
> in a bad radio station. Its definitely related to the cell phone making
> its connection and doing its thing as I can tell my phone is going to
> ring before it does, the speakers cackle a second or so before the first
> ring. This does not matter if the speakers are turned up/playing sounds,
> they simply need to be 'on.'

I used to have a nextel phone with this issue. It didn't even have to be
terribly near to the speakers. 6 feet away was usually close enough to
have several seconds of warning when it was about to ring, as I'd hear the
fuzz and buzz sounds through the speakers. It affected the car stereo as
well.

My solution? I no longer have the phone, or use nextel. :)

- Ed T. Toton III, RHCE --|-- www.necrobones.com -- ed.toton.org -