[Novalug] Re: nautilus as root

Don E. Groves, Jr. dgrovesjr@gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 15:33:30 EDT 2008

Actually "sudo bash" is more dangerous then just logging in as 'root',
  because you be would running "bash" as user 'root' with the current user
environment.

  If you need a root shell the command is:
      sudo -i
(but of course you lose access to the X-DISPLAY  doing it that way.)

If you really need a nautilus Graphical user interface with 'root's  level
access it would be:
   gksudo -u root  "nautilus --no-default-window /tmp "

/\ Adjust the uri to your needs.

--
 Donjr

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 12:24 PM, <rogerb@bronord.com> wrote:

> Open a gui terminal
>
> sudo bash
>
>  (enter password)
>
> nautilus
>
> beware the warnings of others.
> --
> Roger W. Broseus
>  Email: RogerB@bronord.com
>  Web Site: www.bronord.com

Don E. Groves, Jr.

Why did the user give me a sour look when I told him it was a: "I D ten T"
type error? ....