[Novalug] Re: fios install question

Sean Timm TimmSCHome@aol.com
Tue Apr 15 12:45:27 EDT 2008

I don't think you can get rid of the Verizon router if you have FiOS TV
with a STB as they use MoCA to get its program guide, widgets, and video
on demand.  However, you can set up the ActionTec router in bridge
mode.  I haven't tried it yet myself, but I have been considering it.

Relevant links:
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,17679150?hilite=bridge+actiontec
http://apocryph.org/finally_got_fios_router_bridge_mode

If you try it out, let us know how it goes.

-Sean