[Novalug] Making a bootable USB stick???

Beartooth karhunhammas@Lserv.com
Thu Apr 10 14:20:02 EDT 2008

On Wed, 9 Apr 2008, Rich Goodwin wrote:

> Anyone done this?? Suggested do's/don'ts???
>
> I have an 8GB stick ($30 from Microcenter) and plan to try to
> build a bootable stick soon... thus recommendations are
> appreciated

 	Man, I wish I could get them for anywhere near that here!

 	With both an XP thinkpad and Puppee (on an EeePC), I
simply stuck the stick in the machine, put a DVD of the latest
respin of Fedora 8 into a drive (external USB for the EeePC, of
course), booted to it, and told Anaconda *very*
*care*-*full*-*lee* to install to the stick.

 	In both cases, I now need only put the stick into the
machine, make sure the BIOS is set to boot from the stick, and
boot straight into Fedora.

 	No sweat, no strain, no brain, no pain.

--
Beartooth Gerontoflatulocrat,