[Novalug] We're hiring

Jeff Stoner leapfrog@freeshell.org
Thu Sep 27 17:42:42 EDT 2007

Finance has opened the purse strings and said we can hire. With a large
number of clients in the initial stages of activation, we need admins,
Windows and Linux, to help narrow the server-to-admin gap we're
projecting.

Candidate should have hands-on experience supporting large complex
enterprise environments. We're looking for people who know how to do
stuff like build Apache+SSL+P(HP/YTHON/ERL)from scratch but have the
disclipine to follow a change process and document, document, document
their work. Be able to go from zero knowledge about a client's environment
to 80% knowledgable in less than 30 minutes just by reviewing the runbook
and Level 1 procedures *and* be able to resolve problems shortly after.

Our shop is Redhat and Windows. We're bringing Debian in and possibly
other Linux distros. We have dedicated Network, Storage and
Infrastructure (rack-n-stack) teams so this is a pure sys admin position.
Home office is in Santa Clara, CA. We have an office in Herndon. The
majority of our team telecommutes with reimbursements for high speed
net access and cell phone use (there is a cap on both.) We rotate weekend
on-call shifts so you can go to the beach or whatever without worrying
about getting called.

Technologies we deal with daily:

- Apache
- Tomcat, JBoss, Resin and Oracle app servers
- sendmail, Postfix
- Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby (and Rails)
- bubble gum and duct tape from clients that make you scratch your head

Company web site: http://www.opsource.net

I am not a HR drone or headhunter. I'll be a fellow admin combing logs,
adjusting MaxClients for Apache and bumping the -Xmx paramter to 2 gig for
Tomcat. You can forward your resume to me.

--Jeff

"I am not available for comment"