[Novalug] "Three addictive pop-up console utilities" - and yakuake

John Warren jpwarren00@gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 15:24:43 EDT 2007

On 9/21/07, Doug Toppin <dougtoppin@gmail.com> wrote:

> when this is running and you
> hit the F12 key, a terminal window opens down from the top of the
> monitor.  hit F12 again and it rolls back up.  i find it easier than
> hunting for the xterm to float or opening a new one.  you can also
> open up multiple screen sessions in the pulldown by hitting the '+' on
> the left.
>
> doug

I've been using yakuake for at least a year, love it.  It's very convenient
to just hit a key and get instant access to tabbed terminals.  And unlike
some of the other drop down terminals it works well with compiz.

I have mine set up to drop down with 'ESC' key, and when I need to change
modes in VI or VIM I just use 'shift'+'ESC'.

-John