Reply + grub/ubuntu hint Re: [Novalug] OT: monitor?

Ed James edjames@greenbelt.com
Sun Sep 23 15:13:17 EDT 2007

Dan,

    Ditto.  I also tape a piece of paper with monitor info and specs onto
the tops of each monitor.  I keep hitting problems when I try to use way
old stuff with new linux releases, so I end up hacking a bit fairly
often.  Kinda interesting that a lot of the times I can google on the FCC
ID on various stuff to get the specs I need on no-name or dummy-name
devices.  I also keep a tech-notebook on things I've done for future
reference.  It's been way handy - might be one of the first things I'd
grab if the house caught fire.

Ed James