Reply + grub/ubuntu hint Re: [Novalug] OT: monitor?

DonJr djr1952@hotpop.com
Sun Sep 23 12:56:35 EDT 2007

Greg,

To know how to set default kernel parameters all you had to do was read:
  man update-grub

and/or read the comments in:
  /boot/grub/menu.lst
and
  /usr/share/doc/grub/README.debian.gz

On my system/install it is literly documented in a of these and possible
more locations.

--
 DonJr

On Sun, 2007-09-23 at 11:28 -0400, gregory pryzby wrote:
> Jay,
>
> You know we are only giving you a hard time...
>
> I really to try to go the easy route, if at all possible because I
> don't want to ahve to remember what I did after an upgrade.
>
> FOR INSTANCE, I need to set noapic on the kernel line in grub. Under
> Ubuntu, after a new kernel is installed, I lose the setting and have
> to edit /boot/grub/menu.lst
>
> Well, no more! I met the guy who maintains grub and u add to the
> defoptions line noapic.
>
> See, a single # is NOT a comment and the depoptions is applied to each
> kernel line.
>
> RTM, I know...

See mailing list archives for further history.