Reply + grub/ubuntu hint Re: [Novalug] OT: monitor?

gregory pryzby greg@pryzby.org
Sun Sep 23 11:28:40 EDT 2007

Jay,

You know we are only giving you a hard time...

I really to try to go the easy route, if at all possible because I
don't want to ahve to remember what I did after an upgrade.

FOR INSTANCE, I need to set noapic on the kernel line in grub. Under
Ubuntu, after a new kernel is installed, I lose the setting and have
to edit /boot/grub/menu.lst

Well, no more! I met the guy who maintains grub and u add to the
defoptions line noapic.

See, a single # is NOT a comment and the depoptions is applied to each
kernel line.

RTM, I know...