[Novalug] OT: BestBuy mistake in this Sunday's ad

gregory pryzby greg@pryzby.org
Fri Sep 21 22:27:50 EDT 2007

I use to shop at BB and had one of their cards (RewardsZone) so I get
emails from them still....

I wonder if there is anything that is possible to get this deal, or
can they print an ad w/ the wrong info and not honor it? I do believe
it was a mistake in that they didn't mean to run sell it at that price
but I wonder if someone working in the copy dept made the 'error'.

Who knows....

As a valued Best Buy customer, we want to inform you of an error that
will appear in the September 23, 2007 Best BuyTM ad.  On the front
cover we mistakenly listed the price of the 50" Panasonic Plasma TV
(TH_50PZ77U- 8501711) at $1799, before $90 savings.  We intended to
advertise the 42" Panasonic Plasma TV (TH-42PZ77U-8501757) at $1799,
before $90 savings.

Best Buy will not be honoring this price on the aforementioned 50"
Panasonic Plasma TV.

We apologize for any inconvenience, and we will offer a $100 Instant
Rebate on all Plasma Televisions from Sunday, September 23, 2007
through Saturday, September 29, 2007. This Instant Rebate will be
deducted from the price you see in the store, including our regular
sale prices.

Thank you for your understanding.  We look forward to seeing you in
our store soon.

(c) 2007 Best Buy

--
greg pryzby                              greg at pryzby dot org
fingerprint: 8A1A DB90 869F 5DD1 D6E9 EEB6 C156 6B04 849F A86F