[Novalug] best way to back up a home partition.

DonJr djr1952@hotpop.com
Thu Sep 20 19:58:28 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-20 at 19:16 -0400, Nino Pereira wrote:
> Don,
>
> so, after you use deborphan, what do you do with the info?
>
> I get:
>
> pereira@lithium:~$ sudo deborphan -z
>         244 libneon26
>         240 libapr1
>
> Now what? Should I try to get rid of these libraries? should
> I figure out why they were orphaned in the first place?
>
> I very much enjoy your list of good command-line things to
> do, so please keep them coming.
>
> Nino

If I know that I no longer want those packages installed I might do:

  deborphan -p4 | xargs sudo apt-get -u remove
WARNING Never run this command without looking at deborphan's output first!

See the file: /usr/share/deborphan/README.gz

 Don E. Groves, Jr.

$ /usr/games/fortune :
When you are about to die, a wombat is better than no company at all.
 -- Roger Zelazny, "Doorways in the Sand"