[Novalug] kernel module programming

DonJr djr1952@hotpop.com
Thu Sep 13 13:05:59 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-13 at 17:37 +0530, suraj shinde wrote:
> I have started kernel module programming
> on RHEL4(WS) kernel 2.6.9-5El
>
> Can any one give me detail steps for compiling simple module

Well first you would Google on: RHEL 4(WS) kernel module compile
 <http://www.google.com/search?num=30&q=RHEL+4%28WS%29+kernel+module
+compile&btnG=Search>

Look over the above results.
One of the links points to an article with the tittle:
 "Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS 4Release Notes"

Read the section that starts off with:
 "In order to eliminate the redundancy inherent in providing a separate
package for the kernel source code when"

And you will have your answer.

It sure is a shame that Red Hat doesn't supply a "module-assistant"
package like Debian does.

 Don E. Groves, Jr.

$ /usr/games/fortune :
Truth will out this morning. (Which may really mess things up.)