[Novalug] OT? Computer bag follow-up

Pete Nuwayser nuwayser@gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 17:49:36 EDT 2007

Robb Kidd wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-09-08 at 10:46 -0400, Pete Nuwayser wrote:
>
>> Somebody had asked about computer bags several weeks ago.  Field
>> Portage makes artists' messenger bags which could easily be used for a
>> laptop.  I don't have a URL but you can find them at Plaza art center
>> in DC.
>>

> Googling "field portage"[1] returns a number of art supply sites selling
> a big studio version for around $50, a tote and messenger bags in the
> $40s and a backpack in the $20s.  My interest is piqued.
>
> [1] http://www.google.com/products?q=%22field+portage%22

There's a Plaza art center in the same strip mall as MicroCenter...... I
saw the bags in the DC Plaza art store earlier today... and they're
having a sale btw.

I realized why I liked the Field Portage bags... they remind me a bit of
Marimekko Olkalaukku:
http://www.marimekko.com/ENG/bags/frontpage.htm
http://www.marimekko.fi/ENG/bags/novelties/073/9.htm.htm