[Novalug] Linux+ study material?

dwdurham@verizon.net dwdurham@verizon.net
Wed Oct 31 08:30:44 EDT 2007

When I graduated from college, I applied for a programming job with a major insurance company with the initials SF. The fellow doing the interview told me that I was the most competent person he had seen all day but he was not going to hire me. He told me that SF preferred to hire kids out of High School, give them minimal training so they would not have mobility, and pay them the lowest wages they could get away with. He suggested I walk away and find a good job, . . somewhere else.

This was 1975.

My only point is that this is a real trend but not a recent trend.

Dennis