[Novalug] OT: Hardware and parts.

Ken Kauffman kkauffman@headfog.com
Tue Oct 30 22:31:43 EDT 2007

I just discovered an "anormosity" of functional hardware, as well as
plethora of no longer used books, at my house.   For some reason, I do "fall
cleaning" not spring - almost every year.

I'm also thinking of taking offers on my dual P3's (both 1ghz P3s) with 2Gb
memory.   One has an 8 x 160 SATA RAID 5 (highpoint rocket) on Linux.  Both
work very well with Linux.  Please contact me off list if you are remotely
interested and I'll see what I can do about gathering more specs.

Why?  Making room for the future.  As all of our friends start having
children, my wife and I are getting closer to the ranks of the parents (and
looking forward to it).

I need to sift through the rest to see what I can give away and what I need
to sell.

Oh - anyone that wants two old SCSI Plextor CD drives is welcome to them,
one is a burner and one is a reader.  I think I have card and cables.  Once
upon a time, if you had these drives and the Plextor (windows) software, it
would make EXACT duplicates of discs. and was damn good at it as well as I
remember.  It's why I never got rid of these drives.  However, they have
gone through some moves and I can't give you a 100% guarantee they both
work, but my gut tells me they still do.  I replaced them for a faster
drives long time ago (these are 4x)

Thanks for reading my drivel.

Ken