[Novalug] Re: VMware and USB stuff

Jon Taimanglo jontaimanglo@gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 20:55:38 EDT 2007

Now that I'm home, I can mess around with my VM on a XP machine.  Using
Knoppix as the guest OS and VM Server 1.0.3, a USB thumbdrive was shown
under VM->Removable Devices->USB Devices.  I clicked on the the USB drive
and it "umounted" from the guest OS and was picked up by XP which then
installed VM USB drive driver.  I clicked on VM->Removable Devices->USB
Devices which appeared to let the guest OS "see" it again.  Through
troubleshooting, I imagine this was already done but thought I would pass it
along.

Jon