[Novalug] Using sa-learn in a cron job script

Jay Hart jhart@kevla.org
Sun Oct 21 15:43:26 EDT 2007

I want to use the following command, and have several questions:

# learn spam from folder
sa-learn --spam -C /etc/mail/spamassassin --showdots --dir
/home/user/.maildir/.Spam/*/

1. Can I remove the -C option without any problems?

2. If running this from a cron job, should I leave off the --showdots option?
I don't see a need for it via a cron job anyways.

3. I want to implement a weekly cron job, should I immediately delete the spam
from the spam folder following the invoking of the script, so as to not
contaminate the next cron job the following week?

TIA,

Jay Hart