[Novalug] database question

Bonnie Dalzell bdalzell@qis.net
Fri Oct 12 20:55:31 EDT 2007

Is the database engine OO Database uses MySQL?

If you set up a database with OO Database can you export it to a MySQL
database. Can you import a MySQL Database into OO Database.

Thanks to tips from you guys and an excellent HOWTo on Ubuntu I have
Apache, PHP and MySQL running locally. However I was hoping for a simpler
way to set up the Actual database. Is there some sort of Wysiwyg GUI front
in for setting up the database that is either shareware or open source
try before you have to buy.

Some of the products I have looked at are in the $600 plus range and that
is too much to spend for the project I have in mind.

                        Bonnie Dalzell, MA
mail:5100 Hydes Rd ---- Hydes MD USA 21082-----EMAIL:bdalzell@qis.net

freelance anatomist, vertebrate paleontologist, writer, illustrator, dog

Editor Net.Pet Online Animal Magazine  - http://www.netpetmagazine.com
HOME http://www.qis.net/~borzoi/          BUSINESS http://www.batw.com