[Novalug] Gutsy (Ubuntu) + MythTV + hvr-950

Nick Danger nick@hackermonkey.com
Thu Oct 11 09:11:48 EDT 2007

gregory pryzby wrote:
> I can watch ntsc with tvtime or xawtv.
>
> I can find stations (atsc) with mythtv-setup
>
> when I start the frontend I get an error about already using all
> available interfaces.
>
> ideas?

When I had this problem with my PVR350, I removed all the interfaces
from the mythtv setup, rebooted from a cold boot and then did it over
again reconfiguring my input device (the pvr350)  The reboot was
probably more needed for myself to go away and get a drink and refresh
myself then anything computer relevent but the removal/readding of the
input device worked for me. Also check dmesg & /var/log/messages for
weird messages in output. This doesn't apply directly to your device but
the ivtv driver spit some weird stuff into dmesg at one point and I
ended up recompiling it.

Nick