[Novalug] Security Distros

Ken Kauffman kkauffman@headfog.com
Wed Oct 10 11:00:57 EDT 2007

Any experience using it?

I used KSTD mostly for dd, diskwiping and network detection activities
(which means I could have used any distro, I know).  I do see that it
includes sleuthkit which was touched on between questions at the meeting.
For those with wireless it's got airsnort and kismet (among other utils).

What is nice about LiveCD distros like this is that you can boot from the
actual machine, which might be valuable for striped arrays.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knoppix_STD

Ken

<quote who="Matt Ahrens">