[Novalug] Google question

Beartooth karhunhammas@Lserv.com
Sat Oct 6 14:04:59 EDT 2007

On Fri, 5 Oct 2007, I Beartooth wrote:

> 	OK, a little searching from there got to one for yum and
> fedora; but it then gives as an example command "yum install
> picasa."
>
> 	Do they really mean I need picasa? Or should I substitute
> something like googleearth for it??

 	I downloaded and ran what the sites told me. But either I
did something wrong somehow, or I can't figure out how to launch
it.

 	There's no icon for it in F7's Main Menu; googlearth &
from the command line (as user OR as root) gets me

[btth@localhost ~]$ Googleearth &
[1] 782
[btth@localhost ~]$ bash: Googleearth: command not found

 	But this is really weird :

[root@localhost ~]# yum install googleearth
Setting up Install Process
Parsing package install arguments
Nothing to do
[root@localhost ~]# rpm -q googleearth
package googleearth is not installed

--
Beartooth Implacable, Curmudgeon On Line
When seconds count, police are only minutes away.