[Novalug] Google question

Richard Mancusi vrman49@gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 22:52:01 EDT 2007

On 10/4/07, Charles M Howe <cmhowe@patriot.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 16:33 -0500, Chuck Seiders wrote:
> > Charles M Howe wrote:
> > > List,
> > >
> > > Specifically, how do I get to Google Earth? (I have some coordinates
> > > that I want to enter.)
> > http://earth.google.com/download-earth.html
>
> When I go to this site to download Google Earth, I see that I would
> download a binary that works with some version of Windows or the Mac.
> What do I have to do to get the binary to work with Linux?
>
> Charlie, whose status as the Perpetual Newbie hasn't changed

I don't know what distro you are using but in Ubuntu (feisty) the google earth
package is available if you turn on the medibuntu (non-free) repository.
You may then install it via synaptic package manager or I assume apt-get.
You will need to install googleearth and googleearth-data.  The version is
4.0.2735.0-0medibuntu4 (feisty)

-rich