[Novalug] Linux Use Accelerating - Unbutu on top

Stevens R. Miller steve@millerhousehold.com
Mon Nov 26 12:32:43 EST 2007

I'm confused by the report.  It says, "the 'Ubuntu family' accounts for 54.1
per cent followed by Red Hat versions with 50.2 per cent," (with the total
being over 100% by virtue of some respondents using more than one version),
but then says, "Ubuntu scores slightly higher with personal users at 55.4
per cent, followed by Debian at 22.2 per cent and Gentoo 10.2 per cent, then
Knoppix at 7.1 per cent."  Is it really reasible that Ubuntu and Red Hat are
about equally popular in business, but that Red Hat falls completely off the
radar with personal users, while Ubuntu keeps the same fraction?  I know Red
Hat charges for their business version, but are there no personal users of
Fedora?

Stevens