[Novalug] wireless networking and wep vs wpa

Doug Toppin dougtoppin@gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 15:33:21 EST 2007

on my home wireless network i've run wep encryption way too long (it
is very insecure if you didn't know).  i've held off because i thought
upgrading to wpa (much more secure) would break my various linux-based
appliances.  i picked up a new linksys WRT350N the other day and
started switching over to it today.  i'm happy to report that i've had
no trouble so far with my tivo series 2, pepper pad 3 and my chumby
(chumby,com, more on that in the future).  next up is my fc6 (maybe
soon to be fc8 or the latest kubuntu) laptop.
if you are running wep on your wireless w/o a vpn or other encryption
i recommend you consider the switch as well if you can.

anyone want to pass along any info/tips/success/horror stories?

doug