[Novalug] web testing and general testing framework

Mark Smith mark@winksmith.com
Thu Nov 22 02:30:50 EST 2007

On Thu, Nov 22, 2007 at 12:17:22AM -0500, Clif Flynt wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 22, 2007 at 04:55:44PM +1300, Mark Smith wrote:
> > i have a crapload of testing i need to accomplish.  the lion's share
> > seems to testing a series of web pages for correctness.  i've
> > evaluated a bunch of losers (mainly java).
>
>   I've seen people do stuff like this with a perl app (web monkey, I
> think it's called), and weblint.
>
>   I'd do it with the Tcl http::geturl command, and exec weblint
> on the return of course.
>
>   I've used weblint, and it works OK for validating pages for
> syntactic correctness.

ahh... i see my mistake.  i said "correctness," but that it's ambiguous
with syntactic correctness.  i meant feature correctness.  click here
and it goes to the right page.  enter this value and the underlying
system is updated correctly, etc.

--
Mark Smith
mark@winksmith.com