[Novalug] MD taxing Custom programming & computer services

Richard Mancusi vrman49@gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 18:19:53 EST 2007

On Nov 20, 2007 5:03 PM, Rich Goodwin <rich.goodwin@cox.net> wrote:
> I heard about this before but it was "early" in the MD budget
> discussions.  Now it appears to be official - MD is taxing custom
> programming and computer services amongst otehr IT services. -
> http://www.informationweek.com/management/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=203103232.
>
> Heads up if you provide services in MD!
>
> This supports a co-workers referencing the fact he lives in the People's
> Democratic Republic of Maryland!
>
> Rich

Thanks for the link.  The first thing I looked for was "out-of-state"
effect.  Would I (from out of state) be required to collect Maryland
tax.  Answer from your link ...

"... Cochetti said the tax could encourage Maryland IT users to
outsource computer services. ..."

That's wrong!  I should not benefit in this manner over in-state
competition.

-rich