[Novalug] Bummed-- was MUA

Ken Kauffman kkauffman@headfog.com
Tue Nov 20 16:02:25 EST 2007

It's a matter of what MUA is the lesser evil for syncing to a smartphone.
I've had all kinds of issues when moving between work and home with syncing.
Partially because I must use Outofluck, er, Outlook at work.  All kinds of
duplicates and such.

The core issue I see is this.   Sync software generally isn't developed with
a 24 hour day in mind.   Meaning, work hours and personal hours are still
part of a larger set of "hours".   You only have 24 hours in a day, so you
have to manage everything in a single calendar.  But when syncing between
work and home -- all hell breaks loose.   Duplications or missed events,
etc.

So -- if you have to sync to a device -- (contacts, events, mail) -- then I
dunno yet.   If you do not need to sync, I'm more apt to use the GMail
interface (web based) for everything.  Enable the shortcut keys and you can
get quite a bit done quickly.