Remembering the ol' days was Re: [Novalug] DC ACM Lecture Monday December 10th, "Game Development" with Lord British

Beartooth karhunhammas@Lserv.com
Tue Nov 20 14:11:51 EST 2007

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007, Ed T. Toton III wrote:

>> 	I downloaded it; many thanks!
>>
>> 	I don't know what means "set it executable."
>
> No problem, I just meant chmod it so you can run it.
>
> chmod then run, like this:
>
>  chmod u+x adventure
>  ./adventure
>
> I wouldn't put the ampersand (&) on the end like your example.
> You don't want to background something you'll be interacting
> with.

 	Works like a charm. Many many thanks! I couldn't resist
sending my son a sample ...

--
Beartooth Implacable, curmudgeonly codger learning linux
Hunting is life, life hunting -- that is all