[Novalug] [steve.langasek@ubuntu.com: Ubuntu JeOS 7.10 released]

Megan Larko larkoc@iges.org
Fri Nov 16 18:50:05 EST 2007

DonJr wrote:
> Even more to the point:
>    What is "Just Enough Operating System"?

I'm with Don on this one.   Most of my systems do  not have sound or
wireless.   The sound thing gets to me because some of the apps (in both
  KDE and in GNOME) like to make sounds for actions.   How many of you
folks out there have had the CD or DVD application k3b make that loud
music that accompanies either a success or a failure?   I agree with the
need for a stripped down OS but personally I would like to see one
without X and the apps GUIs which depend upon it.  An init 3 environment
with CLI is, in my opinion, "minimal".

JMHO,
megan