[Novalug] joost, iTunes, etc, FORGET THEM! Miro

DonJr djr1952@hotpop.com
Wed Nov 14 10:40:30 EST 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-14 at 09:59 -0500, Pete Nuwayser wrote:
> On Nov 14, 2007 9:16 AM, DonJr <djr1952@hotpop.com> wrote:

> org

> Democracy Player"
> (version 0.9.2.1)

> > > In terms of the Debian based player, there was a slip up
> > > from the developer so that miro-data is in the repository
> > > but the actual miro package isn't. I don't know if Ubuntu
> > > is still taking a large chunk of packages from Debian proper
> > > at this point but that maybe the case of why it's not
> > > in Ubuntu yet.
> > >
> > > Matt
> >
> > For Ubuntu to get the deb directly from the developer by apt-get go
> > this page and follow the instructions to update source.list for your
> > version:
> >  <http://www.getmiro.com/download/ubuntu.php>
> >
> > For "Gusty" it would be:
> >  sudo -i
> >  # echo "deb
> http://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/pculture.org/miro/linux/repositories/ubuntu gutsy/" \
> >     > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ftp.osuosl.org
> >  # apt-get update
> >  # apt-get install miro
> >  # exit
>
> does this procedure install a newer version than 0.9.8.1?  0.9.8.1 is
> available through the normal installation program in gutsy (search for
> miro within "all open source applications").
>
> pete

Per there web page it would now install "miro 1.0 for Linux".
So by that logic it's a later version.

If you go to the FTP site {by following the above URL} you will find
that the latest debs are named:
  miro_1.0-1ubuntupcf_i386.deb
and
  miro_1.0-1ubuntupcf_amd64.deb

So you be the judge.

  Don E. Groves, Jr.

$ /usr/games/fortune : Time to be aggressive. Go after a tattooed Virgo.