[Novalug] OT: monitor distance

Ed James edjames@greenbelt.com
Fri Nov 9 11:41:07 EST 2007

I sort of approach this equality a bit differently.  I set my system
colors for black background and white foreground (text).  It makes for
about 20 watts less power needed for my old CRTs.  Eyestrain is also
a lot less for me, even when the ambient light is on the low side.
I understand that there are studies as to which color combinations
are best for human eyes, and I seem to recall that green text was
best, but it's a hazy memory.  I prefer the greater contrast with
white text since it seems to help reduce the frequency of me mis-
reading stuff.

Ed James