[Novalug] Q: CUPS print jobs disappearing under Ubuntu Gutsy

Kevin Cole dc.loco@gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 15:32:41 EST 2007

On 11/6/07, DonJr <djr1952@hotpop.com> wrote:

> Have a look at the following link:
>  <http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/releasenotes/710>
> Search for the line: Printing with AppArmor
>   {do read the Bug link #152537, one person to enable printing has to
> run "sudo aa-complain cupsd" each time after rebooting the system.}

Already done.  Apparently that wasn't the problem.  I now have
AppArmor turned off, and still have a disappearing job.  I must have
hosed something important in attempting to cure the initial printing
problems introduced by Gutsy.  I was hoping the log files would
indicate something other than success.  Time to randomly reinstall
printer-related stuff and hope one of them cures it.

--
Ubuntu Linux DC LoCo
Washington, DC