[Novalug] Walmart again selling Linux PC - good or bad?

Ed James edjames@greenbelt.com
Thu Nov 1 06:45:37 EDT 2007

Anyone know how "surveys" like this are done?  In particular, does somebody
go around asking what people actually use, or is it just the old sales-
figures cwap again.  Case in point - I have four systems made from
rescued machines, parts, etc., all with Linux.  They originally had
Windows, so sales figures would call this Windoze boxen.  The reality
is way different, of course.

Ed James

"Linux is in widespread use in server computers, particularly servers
that host Web sites. But it hasn't yet made a dent in the desktop
market. Surveys usually put its share of that market around 1 percent,
far behind Windows and Apple Inc.'s OS X."