[Novalug] OpenSuSe - install disk space\

gregory pryzby greg@pryzby.org
Tue May 29 15:27:11 EDT 2007

On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 03:19:33PM -0400, Mark Smith wrote:
> i used to be a real fan of "smart" splitting up of file systems,
> but i've seen the light.  one big filesystem works well with modern
> systems.  unless you have an overriding reason for splitting it up,
> just leave them the same.

there are 2 exceptions that I can think of:

1) If you don't backup, have data you want to save and rebuild
machines from scratch, a /home makes sense.

2) if you are doing large files (GB for video) they xfs may make sense
for a partition.

swap
/
/home