[Novalug] AC97 Sound

David Lerner lerner-dave@zai.com
Sun May 27 11:30:30 EDT 2007

Dan,

There are usually two volume setting that you need to change. Run the
alsamixer application from a terminal window. What you see will depend
on the capabilities of your sound card. You should expect to see a
master slider and a PCM slider. One of these is probably set too low.
You select the active slider with the right and left arrow keys and you
adjust the volume with the up and down arrow keys. It is possible that a
driver problem will prevent full volume, but this is very unlikely.

Dave